valuepress User Content and Conduct Policy (this “Policy”) is made by and between valuepress (“Company”) and users (“Registered Members”), who use press release distribution services (“Services”) provided by Company. It is necessary for Registered Members to read and follow this Policy before using Services.
Policy 1. : Definitions
- Company defines the following terms in this Policy as below.
- “Registration Items” are the items that Registered Members have input when registering themselves as members.
- “My Page” is a specific page, which is set up in the website for Registered Members.
- “Account” is an email and a password that users set up when registering themselves as members.
- “Press Release Information” is a press release information for Registered Members to announce when using Services.
- “Media” includes mass media such as newspapers, magazines, and broadcasters, and website operating companies, etc.
Policy2. : Registrations
- A person who wishes to use Services (“User Candidate”) can apply to membership upon agreeing to follow this Policy and registering himself or herself.
- When User Candidate is in the following conditions, he or she cannot use Services.
- When Registration Items include a (possibly) false information.
- When belonging to (or being involved with) anti-social organizations (Japanese mafias, neo-right groups, and other anti-social organizations and associations, etc.)
- In other cases when Company finds out that it is not appropriate for User Candidate to register as a member.
- If there is any change in Registration Items, Registered Members should change it at My Page. Company shall not be responsible for any trouble that may have been resulted from Registered Members’ negligence.
- Registered Members will be responsible for managing and keeping their Registration Items and Accounts. Registration Items and Accounts are not allowed to be lent, given, name-changed, or sold to third parties including their affiliated companies.
Policy 3. : Press Release Information
- Registered Member shall not object with the Media, which may shorten Press Release information and change expressions when publishing Press Release Information.
- Registered Members should agree with Company to record Press Release Information onto its database.
- As a general rule, Company will distribute Press Release Information to Media without editing.
- Registered Members shall guarantee that they will get permissions to use someone’s portraits, copy righted materials, and registered trademarks included in Press Release Information beforehand.
- If Press Release Information is in the following conditions, Company won’t be able to distribute it. If such a condition is found out after a distribution, Company will be able to edit or remove the press release.
- When Press Release Information lacks a contact information (a phone number, etc.). Please let Media reach you as soon as possible. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
- When the content is judged as the same as the old Press Information that has been distributed in the past. (The content has been distributed in the past and the event held every time with the same theme, etc.) Please register Press Release Information that is new and social oriented.
- When the content is judged as a sales pitch of conventional services and products (that have been around for more than two weeks since the launches, etc.) Please understand that the already well-known information is not favored by Media.
- In other cases when Company judges that it is an inappropriate content to be distributed as a press release to Media (recruiting staff or asking for business-partners, etc. that are not likely to be picked as news).
- When Press Release Information is written in another language (other than Japanese). We distribute Press Release Information to the Japanese Media.
- When Press Release Information uses a lot of advertising expressions to appeal to the consumers. Please be cooperative to create a press release format that Media prefers.
- When services and products are against the general public and the moral.
- When Company judges that services and products may possibly infringe the Japanese laws. If it is not protected by the current Japanese law and it may possibly be an infringement for the Japanese law, a legal advice from an attorney is necessary beforehand.
- When Company’s competitor has already distributed the same content. (Media dose not prefer disclosed information).
- When the content is similar to the services that Company or Company’s affiliates provide.
- When Press Release Information includes a (possibly) false information.
- When the content may (possibly) violate third parties’ privacies, secrecies or honors, etc.
- When the content discriminates and attacks specific individuals or groups (organizations).
- When the content includes pyramid schemes, sales pitches, advertising, marketing, etc.
- When the content includes political or religious statements and solicitations.
Policy 4. : NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- When using Services, Registered Members shall not disclose any confidential information provided by Company as so, unless a written permission is provided by Company.
Policy5. : Rights
- In order to provide Services smoothly, and to construct, improve, and maintain Company’s systems, Company may make necessary changes to Registration Items and Press Release Information, etc. (including, but not limited to text, pictures, videos, or other data) that Registered Members have input, when using Services. And Company may provide the information to third parties for academic purposes.
- Copyrights of information provided by Company to Registered Members belong to Company or third parties that Company has given a permission. Registered Members shall not disclose, disseminate, sell, give, and use the information for profits without a Company’s permission.
- Registered Members shall not make any change to the information that Company provide without a permission.
Policy 6. : Legal Liabilities
- Company shall not be liable for any and all losses, claims, damages, and other liabilities (collectively, “Liabilities”), arising in connection with Services that Registered Members are using, unless they have resulted primarily from Company’s gross negligence or willful misconduct in connection with such Services.
- In the event of any dispute or claim from third parties including Media arising in connection with Press Release Information provided by Registered Members, Registered Members shall be liable and take appropriate actions. Company shall not be held responsible at any time.
- When third parties including Media ask Company to be liable in connection with Press Release Information provided by Registered Members, Registered Members shall agree to defend and hold harmless Company from and against any and all Liabilities. Registered Members shall agree to be solely liable for those Liabilities and take appropriate actions.
- When any and all Liabilities are arising in association with differences between distributors of Press Release Information and Registered Members (in such a case that an agency registered membership under the client’s name to use Services, etc.), Registered Members shall be liable for those Liabilities and take appropriate actions. Company shall not be held responsible for those Liabilities at any time.
- When Company is legally liable for Registered Members, the range of responsibility is limited to the fees of Services that may have resulted in Liabilities.
Policy 7. : Strict Observance to this Policy and the Rules
- Registered Members must follow this Policy and the rules listed in Company’s website.
Policy 8. : Fees
- Registered Members can use Services by paying fees listed in the Company’s website.
- Fees must be paid before using Services.
- Fees may be changed in the future.
- Company cannot reimburse fees of Services when cancelling, unless it has resulted from Company’s gross negligence.
Policy 9. : Loss of Membership
- When Registered Members have taken the following actions, they will lose membership of Services.
- When violating this Policy or the rules listed in Company’s website.
- When Registered Members shall become bankrupt, or apply for the appointment of a trustee, receiver or liquidator of assets, or seek relief under any reorganization.
- When the court has issued an order of seizure, or provisional seizure, or preservative seizure.
- When checks are bounced and banking transactions are suspended.
- In other cases when Company finds out that Registered Members are insolvent.
- When Registered Members have violated honors, trusts, and rights of Company, other Registered Members, Media, and other third parties.
- When Company finds out that there are infringements in the Registration Items and the Account.
- When Registered Members ignore the Company’s warning against registering inappropriate press releases several times.
- When it is found out that Registered Members belong to, or possibly associate with anti-social organizations (Japanese mafias, neo-right groups, and other anti-social organizations and associations, etc.)
- In other cases when Company finds out that Registered Members are inappropriate for Registered Members of Services.
Policy 10. : Compensations
- When violating this Policy and other laws to damage honors, trusts, rights, and assets, etc. of Company, other Registered Members, Media, and other third parties, Registered Members shall be responsible to compensate for the damages.
Policy 11. Terms and Terminations
- This Policy is effective while Registered Members retain membership. However, Policy 4, Policy 5, and Policy 10 will remain effective even after Registered Members lose membership.
Policy 12. : Miscellaneous
- When the following conditions apply, Company will be able to stop providing Services without prior notices to Registered Members. And even if it may cause any and all losses, claims, damages, and other liabilities to Registered Members, Company shall not be liable for them, unless they have resulted primarily from Company’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- When computers and communication wires, etc. become disconnected due to accidents.
- When Company becomes unable to provide Services due to inevitable accidents such as natural disasters, including but not limited to earthquakes, sunders, fires, wind and flood damages, blackouts, etc.
- In other cases that Company judges it is necessary to stop Services.
- Company uses Cookie (the devices to record user histories between browsers and servers onto computers) with aims to protect privacy of Registered Members and visitors to the website, to improve usability, to distribute advertisements, and to obtain statistic data, etc. Cookie can be rejected by setting a browser.
- Company may change this Policy if Company finds it necessary without prior notices to Registered Members, unless the change may have a huge impact on Registered Members.
- This Policy shall be construed and enforced in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of Japan. In the event of any dispute or claim arising in connection with this Policy, Company and Registered Members hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction in the Tokyo District Court.
- When other issues about Services (not mentioned in this Policy) arise, Company and Registered Members shall resolve them by engaging in sincere and honest discussions.
The first amendment entered on August 21, 2013
The second amendment entered on December 8, 2013
The third amendment entered on April 8, 2014.
The fourth amendment entered on July 22, 2015
The fifth amendment entered on May 15, 2017